Terms & Conditions
Sid and Nancy Cooking Academy is a provider of kids cooking subscription boxes. These are our terms:
1. These terms
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply our cookery boxes to you.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide cookery boxes to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
2. Information about us and how to contact us
Who we are. We trade as Sid & Nancy but we are a company called NPD Food Consultancy Limited registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 06206940. Our PO Box number is PO Box 9486, Bournemouth. BH4 OHG. Our registered VAT number is 298948220.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning us at 07899928541 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org PO Box 9486, Bournemouth. BH4 0HG.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
3. Our contract with you
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it after you have purchased your cookery box or subscription online. When we send our confirmation email a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product or cookery box is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the cookery box or subscription or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- We only sell to the UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of our cookery boxes in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from or deliver to addresses outside the UK.
4. Our cookery boxes
- Cookery boxes may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the cookery boxes on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the cookery boxes. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
5. Your rights to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the product or subscription you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the estimated delivery date or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
6. Our rights to make changes
Minor changes to the cookery boxes. We may change the product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to implement improvements.
7. Providing the cookery boxes
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
- When we will provide the cookery boxes. During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the cookery boxes to you. We will supply our cookery boxes to you until we have delivered the box (if it is a one off purchase) or if you have a subscription with us, we will supply our boxes until the subscription expires or if you cancel the subscription.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the cookery boxes is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any cookery boxes you have paid for but not received.
- If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the cookery boxes cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the cookery boxes from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may cancel your order.
- What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the cookery boxes to you. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the cookery boxes on our website. We will contact you [in writing] to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the cookery boxes late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
- Reasons we may suspend the supply of cookery boxes to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6).
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of cookery boxes. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend the product 6 weeks we will adjust the price so that you do not pay for cookery boxes while they are suspended. You may contact us to end your order for a box if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 6 weeks and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product in respect of the period after you end the contract.
- We may also suspend supply of the cookery boxes if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the cookery boxes when you are supposed to (see clause 3) and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the cookery boxes until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the cookery boxes. We will not charge you for the cookery boxes during the period for which they are suspended.
- When you become responsible for the goods. You will be responsible for the cookery box/boxes as soon as we deliver them to you. You will own the boxes once we receive payment in full for them.
8. Your rights to end your order or subscription
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending your contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any cookery boxes which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the cookery boxes may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the cookery boxes for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 8 weeks; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most cookery boxes bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. If you purchase one of our subscriptions, you have 14 days starting from the day after your order to cancel your subscription to receive a refund. If you have purchased a subscription and paid in advance, we will refund you an amount equivalent to the months’ subscriptions which you have not yet received. Unfortunately, we cannot refund you for any cookery boxes which have been opened even if this is within the 14 day period.
- Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. We hope you enjoy our cookery boxes and continue to stay with us. However, if you would like to cancel your subscription please just contact us. Where possible, please let us know by the 1st of the month to give us enough time to stop your next months’ payment. If you cancel after this date, we will not be able to stop the next months’ payment in time and therefore you will be charged for one more month and be provided with another subscription box before we cancel your order.
9. How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end your subscription or order with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call us on 07899928541 or email us at email@example.com Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Online. Complete the form on our website.
- By post. Print off and complete our cancellation and post it to us at the address on the form. Or simply write to us at that address, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
- How we will refund you. If you purchase a one off box or boxes and you are not a subscriber, we will refund you the price you paid for the cookery boxes including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- We will only refund you for the goods if they are in an unopened and resalable condition.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:
- If you have ordered a one off cookery box or boxes, we will refund you within 14 days from the day on which we receive the box or boxes back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. The boxes must be in an unopened and re-saleable condition to receive a full refund;
- In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days from cancellation.
10. Our rights to end the contract
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the cookery boxes, for example, your new bank or card details; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the cookery boxes to you;
- We may stop providing a particular box. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing a certain box or features within a box. We will let you know at least 1 month in advance of our stopping the supply of the box and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for cookery boxes which will not be provided.
11. If there is a problem with the product
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions about our cookery boxes, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team at 07899928541 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org PO Box 9486, Bournemouth. BH4 OHG
- Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply cookery boxes that are in conformity with this contract. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
- Your obligation to return rejected cookery boxes. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject cookery boxes you must post them back to us. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please call us on 07899928541 / email@example.com / Sid & Nancy PO Box 9486, Bournemouth BH4 0HG.
12. Price and payment
- Where to find the price for the product. The price of our boxes and subscriptions (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices displayed are correct. However, it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the cookery boxes we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept all major debit and credit cards from customers in every country – Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express. When you must pay depends on what product you are buying:
- For one off cookery box purchases, you must pay for the cookery boxes before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the cookery boxes to you.
- For monthly subscriptions, we will take payment by charging the card which you provided to us when you first purchased the subscription and paid for your first month.
13. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- ***Important***Please read the recipe cards carefully. Each recipe card in our cookery boxes will contain a list of the ingredients needed. If your recipe contains an ingredient which your child is intolerant or allergic to, then it is your responsibility to use a safe and alternate substitute ingredient. We may suggest alternative ingredients on the card but you must ensure that these are also suitable for your child. We cannot be liable or responsible to you in this regard.
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the cookery boxes.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the cookery boxes for domestic and private use. If you use the cookery boxes for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
14. How we may use your personal information
15. Other important terms
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the cookery boxes, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the cookery boxes in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the cookery boxes in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the cookery boxes in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.